Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lighthouse Bookmark


Here is a lighthouse bookmark pattern for you. I couldn't find any I liked, so I made up my own. Here is a lighthouse on Cape Disappointment in Washington, USA. Looks kinda like it. I need to make the blocks of black and white bigger.... Here is one in Venice Italy! (sigh....) Here is one in Duluth Point (one of many, many Great Lakes lighthouses... sigh again I wish I was back home...) Here is another black and white one, Grand Island Harbor Rear Range Light

Size 7 steel hook
Small amount black size 10 crochet cotton
Small amount white size 10 crochet cotton
Scissors

With black, Ch 21. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 1, turn. (20 sc)
Rw 2-3: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. In last sc of row 3, pull up loop to sc. Do not pull through with black, but pick up white. Finish sc with white. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 4-6: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end of row 6, changing to black again. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 7: Sc 1st 2 sc tog. Sc in each sc across to last 2 sc. Sc last 2 sc tog. Ch 1, turn. (18 sc)
Rw 8-9: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end of row 9, changing to white again. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 10-12: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end of row 12, changing to black. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 13-15: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end of row 15, to white. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 16-18: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end row 18, to black. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 19-21: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end row 19, to white. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 22-24: Sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. Rep color change in end row 24, to black. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 25: Repeat row 7. (16 sc).
Rw 26-? Repeat as established, switching colors at end of every third row, until bookmark measures 8", or desired length. Do not fasten off. Ch 4. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, and next 2 chains. Sc across bookmark. Ch 4 at end. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, and next 2 chs. Sc across bookmark, and in end 3 sc. Ch 1, turn. Sc in 3sc, all way across bookmark, and end 3 sc. Ch 1, turn. Sc in 3 sc. Sc in next 14 sc. Ch 1, turn. Sc in next 12 sc. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 1-3: Sc across. Ch 1, turn.
Rw 4: Sc 1st 2 sc tog. Sc in next 8 sc. Sc last 2 sc tog. Ch 1, turn. (8 sc)
Rw 5: Sc 1st 2 sc tog. Sc in next 6 sc. Sc last 2 sc tog. Ch 1, turn. (6 sc)
Rw 6: Sc 1st 2 sc tog. Sc in next 4 sc. Sc last 2 sc tog. Ch 1, turn. (4 sc) Fasten off. Tie in all loose ends, block.

This pattern is offered free, by me, Tina Prystup, and is not to be sold, distributed, or copied in any way shape or form. You may print it out for your own use.

3 Comments:

  • I saw a picture on a shower curtain, actually. I was trying to make a lighthouse that you didn't have to do a spiral with and this is what I came up with. Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoy the pattern!

    By Blogger Tina, at 11:47 AM  

  • That is a great pattern. Thanks for posting it.

    By Blogger Kat, at 1:12 PM  

  • You are all welcome. I am trying to come up with all different varities. I will post them when I get them done. :)

    By Blogger Tina, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home