Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Friday, March 23, 2007

Stashbuster Coffee Can Cozy

Well I wanted to do *more* with this, but I can't seem to think *what*.... So. Until I can think of anything else (a lid part), I thought I would just post what I have so far... I really didn't put a dent in my stash, but if you just used random balls of color you could really bust some stash. This coffee can cozy was made to fit a coffee can this size:
Please do not reproduce this pattern. What I mean is no selling on ebay or anywhere else. You can make one for your own personal use or as a gift. Enjoy. :)
You will need:
G hook
Scrap balls of ww yarn (I don't really know how much you will need for each row... sorry)
I like to start with a 'magic ring' like you do for an amigurumi toy. Alternately you could ch 2.
8 sc in ring (or, in 2nd ch from hook.) Join, picking up new color in last loop (or if you want to keep the same color...) This will be the method for picking up new colors, though, throughout the cozy. I will not say 'pick up new color in such and such row', you can just change colors whenever you want. :)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc. Join. (16 sc).
Rnd 3: Ch 1, *sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (24 sc).
Rnd 4: Ch 1, *sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (32 sc).
Rnd 5: Ch 1, *sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (40 sc).
Rnd 6: Ch 1, *sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (48 sc).
Rnd 7: Ch 1, *sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (56 sc).
Rnd 8: Ch 1, *sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * aound. (64 sc).
Rnd 9: Ch 1, *sc in next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (72 sc).
Rnd 10: Ch 1, *sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (80 sc).
Rnd 11: Ch 1, *sc in next 9 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (88 sc).
Rnd 12: Ch 1, *sc in next 10 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (96 sc).
Rnd 13: Ch 1, *sc in next 11 sc, 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. (104 sc).
Rnd 14: In front loops only, sc backwards in each sc around. Fasten off.
Rnd 15: Join new color (or same color) anywhere. Ch 1, sc in each sc around. (104 sc).
Rnd 16: Ch 1, sc in each sc.
Rnd 17: Ch 1, *sc in next 11 sc. 2 sc together. Rep from * around. Sc in last sc. (97 sc).
Rnd 18: Ch 1, *sc in next 10 sc. 2 sc together. Rep from * around. Sc in last sc. Join. (89 sc).
Rnd 19: Ch1, *sc in next 9 sc. 2 sc tog. Rep from * around. Join (82 sc).
Rnd 20- ?: Ch 1, Sc in each sc around. Join. (Work until it is as long as you want then fasten off.) You can also do a sc backwards around to finish if you are just using it as is. Have Fun! :)

6 Comments:

  • Cute cozy, Tina!
    I love the colors.

    By Blogger Mimi, at 7:06 PM  

  • Thanks Mimi. I'm not sure if I'll make another one ever, but I have it all writtten down if I do.

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:13 PM  

  • Thank you! I can't seem to throw one of these coffee cans away. I've even been getting the empties from my neighbor :) So the pattern for the cozy came at just the right time.

    By Blogger Katy Ravensong, at 4:00 AM  

  • I love it. It is just what I am looking for. Something to use up all those odd balls of wool, and all those odd moments when I do not want to knit another aran jumper for my sons. I spin my own wool so I have lots of odd balls left over.

    By Blogger Lyne, at 11:41 PM  

  • if you're still considering adding to this pattern, i suggest handles :)

    By Blogger howie, at 12:13 AM  

  • I was thinking, to combine the piggy bank pattern and this one. Then you could use it for a piggy bank. :P

    By Blogger Tina, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home