Tina's Crochet Page- This is a blog where I keep all my patterns

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yo-Yo Keychain Critters

I posted this at Crochetville. I thought I'd post it here, too. I used this yo-yo pattern to make the 'face'. Don't fasten off at the end of the yo-yo. Instead, you will chain one, and leave a length to sew/sl st to the yo-yo with. Cut your yarn, but do not fasten it off yet. Take your hook out of the loop. Then take your keychain/clasp and put the tail end through the keychain (make sure it's facing the right way before you end it off). Then, put your hook back in the loop and sl st to the first stitch of the yo-yo. Weave in ends....

Then, for the ears:

Bear/Mouse:Join with a sl st in the 2nd sc to the right of the keychain. In same space, sc, hdc, and sl st. Then fasten off. Do the same in the 2nd sc to the left of the keychain. Weave in all your ends.

Cat/Pig: Join with a sl st in the 2nd chain to the right of the keychain. In same space, sc, dc, ch 3, and sl st. Fasten off. Do the same in the 2nd sc to the left of the keychain. Weave in all your ends.

Pig snout:Ch 2. 5 sc in 2nd chain from hook. Sl st to join. Fasten off leaving a length to sew onto face. Pull starting chain tight to close 'hole'. Sew on over the hole in the yo yo.

For whiskers for the mouse or cat: Using size 10 crochet cotton (for doilies, etc.), cut four pieces approx. 3 1/2" long. Using a smaller hook (or the same size, I guess it doesn't matter), and two threads together, pull a loop through in 'cheek' area. Pull ends through as if you are making fringe. Do the same on the other side. Cut ends even. Sew or glue eyes on. I just found some in the bottom of my sewing basket so I don't know the exact size I used. Feel free to make these for charity or personal use, gifts.... but the yo yo pattern is not mine, and is copyrighted. So are the ears. What that means is you cannot sell this pattern. I don't care if you sell the actual keychain at bazaars or craft shows, though. Thanks and have fun. :)

3 Comments:

  • Well, c'mon woman!! I know another place you can post it.....can you think of where I'm talking about?? Should I give you a hint???

    LOL...by the way....so adorable!!

    By Blogger A Playful Yarn Again, at 7:14 PM  

  • I was getting around to it, don't ya know? ;) I did it today-- I've been so busy I haven't had much time for anything.

    Thanks for stoppin' by Lisa. :)

    By Blogger Tina, at 2:48 PM  

  • I love all your patterns. The pumpkin is so cute. You are very talented.

    By Blogger Ohiocrochetlady, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home